The Habitat for Humanity Regina ReStore exists to generate revenue to help build homes for more families in Regina. By pricing and selling donated items competitively in the second-hand market, we can work towards our goal of raising as much money as possible for our local home building and community partner programs.
We are now cutting basic, standard household keys. No vehicle keys or special cuts
When you donate to or shop at the Habitat Regina ReStore, you are helping local families break the cycle of poverty through affordable homeownership. Here's how:
1) You donate your pre-loved sofa to the Habitat Regina ReStore. You receive a tax receipt for the resale value of your items. You also help the environment by recycling your sofa instead of taking it to the dump. It's a win-win!
2) The Habitat Regina ReStore cleans the sofa, prepares it for sale, and adds it to the inventory.
3) A customer purchases the sofa and takes it home to be loved again.
4) The money from the purchase is used to build homes built by Habitat for Humanity Regina.
5) Habitat homes are sold to a qualified Habitat partner family at fair market value. The Habitat homeowner carries a zero down payment, interest free mortgage set at 25% of the household's gross annual income.
6) Your donation and/or purchase keeps on giving! Habitat for Humanity Regina reinvests the mortgage payments into the Fund for Humanity, which is used to build even more homes to give local families a hand up, not a hand out.
We post some of the items we receive in the Habitat Regina ReStore on our Facebook page. This is especially true for unique items! Like us on Facebook and check our page regularly to see if you can find a great deal.